I have been notified of login woes. Assuming you get that far, please:

1. Clear your browser cache
    2. Clear your cookies for this site and for the gallery.romanus.ca site

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Login woes

Postby George Park » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:50 am

The board's been kinda flakey tonight.... Is there some issues we should know about?
"What's the point of Science if no-one gets hurt?"

- Professor Chrome-dome, The Tick
George Park

Postby Sofaspud » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:17 pm

In case it helps any, the problem I was having was not a login issue -- it was a timeout while waiting for the site to respond. I suspect the route got snarfled somewhere. It's working now (obviously), and if need be I can go back and tell you approximately (within about 15 minutes) when it began yesterday for at least two of us.

If a tracert log or anything of that nature would help in future, I'd be happy to assist.
Sofaspud

Postby Winston » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:37 am

I have two ISPs, the first TekSavvy (DSL) and the failover Rogers High-Speed Lite. If routing one the first fails, within five minutes, default route goes to the second - but the CNAME record still points to the first, so sessions would not survive. It could be that simply was a flaky night for TekSavvy.

Traceroute logs would be interesting - mail 'em to me (good instance and bad instance) if you wish.
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Sofaspud » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:50 am

Winston wrote:I have two ISPs, the first TekSavvy (DSL) and the failover Rogers High-Speed Lite. If routing one the first fails, within five minutes, default route goes to the second - but the CNAME record still points to the first, so sessions would not survive. It could be that simply was a flaky night for TekSavvy.

Traceroute logs would be interesting - mail 'em to me (good instance and bad instance) if you wish.

I'll do that next time it dies -- and I'll check to see if I still have them (I think I do, or at least the relevant bits). However, the TekSavvy bit, I suspect, is the culprit. All the traceroutes I ran died with them, blackholed at "69-196-174-137.teksavvy.com [69.196.174.137]".

(I have the last bit handy since I posted it in another thread here; the full logs, I'm not sure on.)
Sofaspud

Postby Sofaspud » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:13 am

I know we haven't seen an official "all is well now" announcement yet, but just in case, I'm having Login Woes again. I've cleared browser history, cache, and cookies. The problem is that, even when I check the box to automatically sign in each visit, it's making me log in every visit.
Sofaspud

Postby Ian » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:20 am

Me too. I sent a PM a while back, but he might be otherwise occupied.
Ian
Site Admin

Return to Administration & Users