General General?

How to use these boards

General General?

Postby Sofaspud » Fri May 29, 2009 2:02 pm

For a little while now I've been seeing a General Discussion subforum under the General top-level forum. I have no idea what it's for or if I should be seeing it, though. I suspect not, because when I click on it I'm told " You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum."

Which, y'know, is fine and all. I'm not asking for those? :D

But it's telling me every day that there are unread topics in said forum. The icon is always there. And since my usual method of keeping on top of the game is to hit the main page and see if any forums have that little icon... yeah.

Would it be possible to have my rights to see said forum at all removed so I stop seeing the NEW POSTS icon every time I visit?

It's always the little things that bug ya, y'know? *lol*
Sofaspud

Re: General General?

Postby Ankhani » Fri May 29, 2009 2:27 pm

I noticed that a few weeks ago too. Being impatient as I am some times, I just took matters into my own hands and hit the master 'mark all as read' button so I could stop the little thing from mocking me. Just what is in there anyway?
The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."
>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
Ankhani

Postby Sofaspud » Fri May 29, 2009 2:35 pm

Mark all as read? That's insanity! That's craziness! That'll never work!

Why the hell didn't I think of that?

**grumbles and clicks**
Sofaspud

Postby Ian » Fri May 29, 2009 2:50 pm

Actually, the only thing in that forum right now are links to RevDark's Tales of the Legendary site as he adds more issues.

I suspect the intention was to allow anyone to read it. I'll check and see.
Ian
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Sun May 31, 2009 7:49 pm

Yes, everybody was supposed to have full access. The intent for this forum was for general OOC discussion not related to one particular gaming group or campaign. Thanks for spotting that.
Winston
Site Admin

Postby terrenceknight » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:39 pm

..it looks like we need a better filter to keep out spammers from Beligum. lol.
terrenceknight

Postby Ian » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:38 pm

I just deleted the spammer from Belgium, and that should have erased his spam mail as well.

If anyone clicked on any of the links in those posts, there's an extremely high chance they would have taken you to a virus and malware infected site. Immediately run updated virus and antimalware scans on your computers if you did, please, both for your protection and everyone else's.

I think the new user controls need to be tightened a little. Maybe that word checker thing to determine of the new user is a bot or not.
Ian
Site Admin

Postby The StarWolf » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:18 am

With my Lair being a steam bath (building's air conditioning is out for the summer, and I'm on the top floor - work it out) I've been spending more time in the alternate Lair and away from the Net. Not good. On the other paw, if it means I missed out on that nonsense ...
Take time out to feed the sparrows. It beats going on stress therapy, is cheaper, and more fun besides. And the sparrows appreciate it, too.

The StarWolf

Return to Administration & Users