Welcome

How to use these boards

Welcome

Postby Admin » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:13 pm

Welcome!

This bulletin board is intended as a resource for the Ottawa gamers (you know who you are!).

If you would like a Category and Forums created for a particular campaign, please send me the details. See the Serenity RPG forum set for a template.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Welcome

Postby The StarWolf » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:57 am

This version is indeed an improvement in some ways. There is one drawback, however. The new status icons are not nearly as clear as the old ones. It's easy to confuse the "unread posts here" one with the "recently posted to" for example.
Take time out to feed the sparrows. It beats going on stress therapy, is cheaper, and more fun besides. And the sparrows appreciate it, too.

The StarWolf

Postby Winston » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:32 pm

Under your User Control Panel, Board Preferences, Edit Global Settings, you can choose a new theme. Try proSilver for a look close to the older one.

There will be a special theme inserted for everyone in two days, however.
Winston
Site Admin

Postby terrenceknight » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:24 pm

We really need to do something about this spammer soon...its only been one day and I'm already wanting to stab myself with a spork.
terrenceknight

Postby Ian » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:42 am

I've tried banning the email address, and deleting the user again. We'll see if that keeps him away.

The site currently uses authentication, which means this is probably being created by a human being before being set loose. So maybe banning the email address will work. If not, I'll see what else will work.
Ian
Site Admin

Postby terrenceknight » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Hmm this may be a pain but is there a way to prevent posting on the forum unless your accepted by a admin via email or something?

Otherwise perhaps a more extreme option would be to somehow make this board private and can only be accessed by people who are given invites? I assume its alot of work but just throwing out ideas here.

Something like before even getting access to the main page you have a blank page with:
User:(whatever the admin wants i to be
Password:(again whatever the admin decides

then authenticator?
terrenceknight

Postby Ian » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:48 pm

I'm certain there's a means to ban the user, but if it's a spam-bot, it may just create a slightly different name and keep going. The trick is to stop them at the front door. We'll see if I was able to do that by blocking the email address.
Ian
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:31 pm

I've changed the Captchas to some questions that most users here could answer, that a simple Google lookup won't.
Winston
Site Admin

Return to Administration & Users