iMac won't ; iPhone will

How to use these boards

iMac won't ; iPhone will

Postby Helen Raiser » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:01 pm

I can log-in on my phone but not my computer.
"Is God in show business too?"

--Zardoz
Helen Raiser

Re: iMac won't ; iPhone will

Postby terrenceknight » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:00 pm

Did you already delete all your cookies from the board? I used the link on the main page near the bottom to clear my cookies and it helped me get past the log in screen.
terrenceknight

Postby Ian » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:22 pm

I can log in with my home computer, but any other computer out there, and while it shows I've logged in, it still only takes me to the login screen.
Ian
Site Admin

Postby The StarWolf » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:20 pm

This is from work. Also have no trouble coming in from two different machines at my Lair, using two different accounts.
Take time out to feed the sparrows. It beats going on stress therapy, is cheaper, and more fun besides. And the sparrows appreciate it, too.

The StarWolf

Postby Ian » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:51 am

If you go to the User Control Panel, and look at the Profile data, do you have a tab on the left labeled "UCP_PROFILE_USER_GALLERY" which goes nowhere?

That might be what's messing up my account. It might be because there were links in my profile to a gallery picture, and the gallery functionality is broken. So I'm wondering if someone who probably doesn't have that problem has the same profile error.
Ian
Site Admin

Postby Ankhani » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:22 am

I have one of those, but I haven't noticed any problems. Haven't tried to log in on other computers though.
The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."
>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
Ankhani

Postby The StarWolf » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:32 am

I do. Clicking on it gives me this error message: "template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/black_pearl/template/ucp_profile_user_gallery.html does not exist or is empty" but otherwise I'm fine.
Take time out to feed the sparrows. It beats going on stress therapy, is cheaper, and more fun besides. And the sparrows appreciate it, too.

The StarWolf

Postby Ian » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:59 am

What Winston figured out with me is that it may have been the cookies. Now, I've clicked on that option at the bottom of the screen multiple times, and it didn't help. So I finally went into the browser controls and deleted *all* cookies, and cleared the cache for good measure. That seems to have cleared things up.

That might also be the solution to the iMac issue.
Ian
Site Admin

Return to Administration & Users